المساعد الشخصي الرقمي

مشاهدة النسخة كاملة : Scots Gaelic الفزغة يا بنات

بدوية العين 2
20/03/2004, 02:41 AM
Hi all !! How are you girls? I hope everyone of you is really very well

as you saw my title, I get confused with what it is called Scots Gaelic... does anybody know whether it is a language or a dialect? cuz when I faced an exam with a qustion dealing with this language or dialict, i got upset cuz i didn't really know if it is a Scottish language or dialect.... what i know that Irish and Scottish is under what they call Gaelic.... but does anybody know if Scots Gaelic is a language or a dialect?? I would be very happy and grateful as well if you couild help me.... thanks girls :smile:

amaladel
20/03/2004, 02:51 AM
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته

Hey, dear Badaweyat al-Ain

Look, dear, the Scots Gaelic is the Scottish language which the English robbed them of after they invaded their lands and settled there and forced them to replace it with the present English language. Therefore, it is not a dialect, it is a language but it is considered a dead language now. This language "Gaelic or Celtic" was used in Scotland and Ireland before the Britons invaded them as I explained above.z

I hope this explanation is ok and don't hesitate to ask any questions, dear, we are always here to help you

Best Regards

Amal Adel

بدوية العين 2
20/03/2004, 03:27 AM
Dear Amal

I can't express my appreciation for you. Thanks a lot sweet Amal. Hopefully, my answer is gonna be right as it was said that it was a dialect of Scottish language. Then, It is a seperate language as I thought, Thanks God. Thanks again dearest Amal :up:Can I know where you studied translation???

amaladel
20/03/2004, 07:59 PM
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

Dearest Badaweyat al-Ain

You are most welcome, dear sister, that's what friends are for, remember??z:smile:

I am glad you chose the right answer and I wish you the best in your exams. Don't hesitate to ask about anything you are confused with.z

I studied translation at the Faculty of Alsun (Languages) in Egypt and I resume my translation studies at the American University in Cairo nowadays.z

Best Wishes

Amal Adel

العنيــــــدة™
22/03/2004, 10:33 AM
http://members.lycos.co.uk/wnm0003/up/pic/bannr.gif

السلام عليكم ورحمةالله وبركاته

i know i am late.. but just like sister Amal said.. it's a language barely used nowadays..!i

good luck

best wishes
العنيــــــدة™

http://members.lycos.co.uk/wnm0003/up/pic/bannr.gif

بدوية العين 2
30/03/2004, 04:12 AM
Hello Amal And Al3aneeda

Thanks a lot for your help...my answer was correct fortunately el7amdulelah ... I got an excellent grade el7amdulelah :smile: I hope I can keep in touch with this corner but i really was busy with my studies ...however, whenever i get free i will surely participate in your FANTASTIC corner... Well, I came up with a word which i got confused when my teacher asked me to translate into English... it is "alentisab almowajah" is it a directed entery or what?I would be pleased if you could interpret it ...thanks folks :up:

amaladel
30/03/2004, 08:30 PM
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

Dear Badaweyat al-Ain

I am so happy to hear that you had an excellent grade in your exam and hope that you will keep up your good work and always have excellent grades. It is ok, dear, if you do not have much time to put new topics in the corner because you have , of course, to pay good attention to your lessons first, but do not deprive us from your presence and replies from time to time and let us know how you are doing. In the summer vacation, I will not accept any excuses because you will be free and there will be no lessons :shy:

As for the word you asked about, I think it means "directed or guided affiliation".z I hope I was able to help you and if any of the girls know a most suitable term for it, I am sure they will not hesitate to put it for you.z

Take care, dear, and study well

Best Wishes

Amal Adel

بدوية العين 2
31/03/2004, 12:02 AM
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

Dear Amal

Thanks for your quick answer...I think that directed affiliation is a good translation ... ThAnKs:up:

amaladel
31/03/2004, 12:16 AM
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

Dearest Badaweyat al-Ain

You are most welcome, dear and I hope you always benefit by this corner.x

Best Wishes

Amal

بدوية العين 2
21/05/2004, 05:11 PM
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
وعليكم السلام ورحمة الله وبركاته