3 Moral Stories for Kids to enjoy and learn

Here are three moral stories for kids to enjoy and learn. you can tell these stories to the kids or let them read them.

The tortoise and the bird  

A tortoise was resting under a tree, on which a bird had built its nest. The tortoise spoke to the bird mockingly, “What a shabby home you have! It is made of broken twigs, it has no roof, and looks crude. What’s worse is that you had to build it yourself. I think my house, which is my shell, is much better than your pathetic nest”.

“Yes, it is made of broken sticks, looks shabby and is open to the elements of nature. It is crude, but I built it, and I like it.”

“I guess it’s just like any other nest, but not better than mine”, said the tortoise. “You must be jealous of my shell, though.”

“On the contrary”, the bird replied. “My home has space for my family and friends; your shell cannot accommodate anyone other than you. Maybe you have a better house. But I have a better home”, said the bird happily.

Moral: Better a crowded hut than a lonely mansion.

The four students

There were four friends who hated studying. They partied all night before their exams and planned to skip the test by lying to the professor. So they went to the dean and told him that they had been to a wedding the previous night and on their way back, they had a flat tire. They continued to say that they had to push the car all the way back, as they didn’t have a spare tire and hence, were not in a position to write the exam.

The dean listened and agreed to let them take the test on a later date. Happy that they got a second chance, the four friends studied hard and were ready for the exam. On exam day, the dean asked the students to sit in separate classrooms, which the students agreed to.

The examination paper had only two questions, for a total of 100 marks. The questions were thus:

• Your name:
  • Which tire of the car burst: a) Front left b) Front right c) Rear left d) Rear right

Moral: You may be smart, but there are people smarter than you in the world.

The farmer and the well

A farmer looking for a source of water for his farm bought a well from his neighbor. The neighbor was cunning, though, and refused to let the farmer take water from the well. On asking why, he replied, “I sold the well to you, not the water”, and walked away. The distraught farmer didn’t know what to do. So he went to Birbal, a clever man and one of the nine courtiers of Emperor Akbar, for a solution.

The emperor called the farmer and his neighbor and asked why the man was not letting the farmer draw water from the well. The cunning man said the same thing again, “I sold the well, not the water. So he cannot take my water”.

To this, Birbal replied, “All that sounds fine to me. But if you have sold the water and the water is yours, then you have no business keeping your water in his well. Remove the water or use it all up immediately. If not the water will belong to the owner of the well”.

Realizing that he’s been tricked and taught his lesson, the man apologized and left.

Moral: Cheating will not get you anything. If you do cheat, you’ll pay for it soon enough.

مواضيع أخرى: 

تعلم الأحرف الانجليزية للأطفال - English Alphabet Coloring Sheets  

ماهي ال Phrasal Verbs وكيف تُستخدم + أشهر 10 Phrasal Verb في اللغة الإنجليزية

قصة أوليفر تويست Oliver Twist باللغة العربية | تحميل pdf

مجـموعة أمثــلة متــرجمة للـ idioms في اللغــة الإنجــليزية

Common Abbreviations and Acronyms اختصارات انجليزية مشهورة 

افـضل كــتب لــتعلم اللــغة الانجـــليزيـة مــع الـرواااابط